Overjoyed

"Overjoyed" was taken on our second day in the Maldives. A long journey took my new wife and I halfway around the world. It took four airplanes and a boat to finally arrive at our little slice of heaven. After 20 plus hours of air travel and no real sleep in a day and a half, we were relieved to finally have a home for a few days. The jet lag hit us both hard, the adrenaline of seeing our villa was enough to get us through the day but we crashed hard after lunch and slept through the evening.

The second day we were refreshed and eager to explore our island. Our massive appetites were satisfied with fresh fruit and a multicultural smorgasbord of breakfast items. We rented snorkeling equipment and my questionable swimming abilities vanished when I put my head under water and saw the reef swarming with colorful fish. The relaxing honeymoon we'd spent a year dreaming about was crushing our expectations.

That evening we boarded a boat for a sunset cruise. The disbelief had finally worn off and the reality of the situation sank in. As I sat on the boat with my arm around Sarah, bouncing in the waves, life doesn't get much better than this. We'd had a perfect wedding day, great weather (especially in the mixed bag of marshmallows and hornets that can be October in Wisconsin) and everything went off without a hitch. We laughed and danced and fell deeper in love and now we were sailing on the Indian Ocean watching the sun sink into the turquoise water.


"Overjoyed" is a photograph that reminds me of how lucky I am. Sarah and I could have gone anywhere for our honeymoon. We decided to go big and take a once in a lifetime trip. The girl that got me to move across the country and open me up to a plethora of opportunities wanted to go halfway around the world, how could I say no. Sarah is the type of girl that wants to see and do everything. I love to travel and I love to have new experiences, it really helps to have someone by my side who's just as willing to take the risk. Looking at this picture reminds me just how lucky and excited I am for what's to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Favorite Photos of All Time

10 New Molding Designs

Behind the Title - "Into the Mystic"