Elizabeth

"Elizabeth" was taken at Punch Bowl Falls in Oregon. The trip to Oregon in 2016 was my first trip geared for my photography. The entire trip was planned with my camera in mind, and "Elizabeth" was from the first hike on that trip.

I entered college with a dream of being a photographer. Two years after graduating I was doubting my abilities and questioning my future. The idea of spending my life doing something I loved was fading and the pressure to figure it out wasn't helping. By the time our plane touched down in Oregon I had built up some momentum. I finally had the direction I'd been looking for, a new website and now a trip with the only purpose of expanding my portfolio.

Punch Bowl Falls was the first hike of the Oregon trip. Just driving into the Columbia River Gorge made me feel accomplished. For the first time in my life I had a plan and I knew I was heading in the right direction. The first leg of the hike I was wired, my eyes scanning frantically determined to find a subject. There was a slight pressure to come away with something miraculous. Luckily, the hike was long enough that I was able to calm down by the time we reached the falls.

When we reached the falls, I was hit with instant gratification. The hike had only been a couple miles but the journey had taken years. My entire life I had been searching for my calling and, setting my camera up to capture the scene, I knew I had found it. Years of trudging though excuses and doubts had been replaced with excitement and motivation and I was running with it.


In capturing "Elizabeth" I was able to capture that sense of reassurance I felt. I finally had a plan and was excited about my rejuvenated passion. Planning the Oregon trip and then exploring a place like Punch Bowl Falls is exactly what I want to do. I love to travel and want to see all the beauty this world has to offer. "Elizabeth" was my first step in making that a reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Favorite Photos of All Time

10 New Molding Designs

Behind the Title - "Into the Mystic"