Top 10 Bucket List Items for 2019

I have no plans to die in 2019 but while I was trying to put together 10 lists of 10 I had an idea. The bucket list is typically comprised of activities one wishes to complete before they kick the aforementioned bucket. With every millennial dancing to the beat of a song about living like they’re gonna die young, shout out to Ke$ha, I decided to create a bucket list for 2019. These items don't relate to travel or photography, they are just things I would like to accomplish for my own personal satisfaction.

10. Do a Hand Stand
I used to practice yoga a lot more often than I do these days. At my peak I was getting close to holding a hand stand but was always paranoid I’d fall and my six foot frame would hospitalize my neighbors. This year I want to get back to where I used to be with yoga and finally find the guts to do a hand stand.

9. Make a BBQ Sauce
This is a weird item that’s been on my to do list for years now. I really enjoy cooking and have always had a sweet spot for BBQ so I've always been tempted to create my own secret recipe. I’m a fan of sweet but prefer smoky and savory with a hint of heat. I've yet to find that perfect mouth watering sauce in a store so perhaps it's up to me to make it.

8. Run a Half Marathon
I’ve ran one marathon and two official half marathons in my lifetime. (When you train for a full you end up running half marathons on a weekly basis) Right now I don’t have the time to train for a full again so I’m setting my sights on a half. I had to catch my breath after running up my stairs the other day and that was my signal to lace up the running shoes again.


7. Plan an Ice Fishing Trip in Colorado
Probably the thing I miss most about Wisconsin, other than the people, is ice fishing. You may think it’s insane to enjoy sitting on a bucket on a frozen lake in frigid temperatures just staring at a hole but it’s like therapy for me. I would love to get a group together in Colorado and spend a day on the ice pulling in trout then finish the day off with a fry of our catch.

6. Smoke a Turkey
Sarah and I have hosted two Thanksgivings in a row now and I’ve prepared a turkey both years. I got the recipe from a friend's dad that smokes turkeys for family and friends every year. I've had it and it was so good it haunts my dreams. The problem is I don’t have a smoker so when I use his recipe I have to bake them. The turkeys have turned out phenomenal each time but once you’ve had it smoked there is no comparison. This year I want to buy a smoker and cook it properly

5. Renovate the Master Bedroom Closet
This is more of a to do list item but seeing as I’ve never built a closet before I think it counts. Our walk-in closet has very little organizational storage so there is a lot of space to utilize. I’ve drawn up plans a few times and believe I have the carpentry skills to successfully complete the project. It would be a challenge but I would love for my shoes to not be in a pile.


4. Plan a One Day Out of State Road Trip
I have friends that have talked about taking a single day road trip to a surprisingly distant destination. They leave early in the morning and drive 6-8 hours to their destination where they spend the afternoon before returning home. It’s a lot of time in the car but part of the fun would be the road trip. This would be a different way of exploring somewhere I may never otherwise stop. Possible destinations include Albuquerque, NM, Salt Lake City, UT, Moab, Ut, and Lincoln, NE.

3. Go Line Dancing at the Grizzly Rose
A Colorado staple, the Grizzly Rose is a must for the country music lover. Every time I drive past I read the marquee to see who is coming up on their concert lineup. Beyond concerts the Grizzly Rose offers line dancing classes throughout the week. I've always wanted to go get a proper line dancing lesson rather than trying to pick the steps up in a bar. This year I’m finally going to make it a priority to visit this country music institution.

2. Try a New Food
As a kid I was a bit of an oddity. Every restaurant we went to I would order the strangest thing on the menu. When we traveled, my parents would find places with local specialties so I could continue to explore new foods. Because of my young experimentation it’s become very hard to try something for the first time. This year I want to seek out a new delicacy that I’ve never had before.

1. Buy a Bottle of Lagavulin 16
I’m a whiskey drinker and have started to appreciate the complexities of the brown liquor. For the longest time I’ve contemplated buying an expensive bottle to serve as a reward when there is cause for a special celebration. It’s hard to shill out $100+ for a bottle of elixir that I'm not confident I'll enjoy. Then I tried Lagavulin 16 and now drool over the liquid campfire that Ron Swanson swears by. So this year I’d like to add a bottle to the shelf and start working towards a reason to sip on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Favorite Photos of All Time

10 New Molding Designs

Behind the Title - "Into the Mystic"